Crispy-crunchy Wild Alaska Pollock
Cod Fish Fingers
Kids will love this homemade version of fish fingers - more fish and more flavor than those store-bought fish sticks - and they can even help make them too.
1-2 Tbs vegetable oil, for pan
1 lb wild Alaska pollock fillet or cod fillet
1 large egg
3 Tbs water
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbs mayonnaise
3 Tbs ketchup
Chives or onion, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with a little vegetable oil.
2. Cut the pollock or cod fillet into even-sized ‘fingers.’ Season them with a little salt and pepper.
3. Beat the egg in a shallow dish with 3 Tbs of cold water Sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Dip the fish fingers into the egg mixture, then roll them in the breadcrumbs and arrange on the baking sheet, allowing space between them.
4. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. While they are cooking, mix together the ingredients for the dip.
5. Serve with dipping sauce and your choice of tasty vegetables.