gluten free fish tacos
Recipe courtesy of Megan Lierman
2 lbs. white fish fillets, cut into
2 c. corn flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 can coconut milk
10 gluten free corn tortillas
1/3 c. mayonnaise (use vegan for egg & dairy allergies)
2/3 c. sour cream (use nondairy version for dairy allergies)
2 Tbs. lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper zest from half of one lime
1. Mix all ingredients for the creme sauce and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.
2. Put fish sticks into a glass dish and pour can of coconut milk over fish; refrigerate for at least an hour. In a resealable bag, mix corn flour and spices.
3. After fish has soaked for an hour, remove from milk and toss in corn & spice mixture until well coated. Place fish sticks on wire racks until all fish has been coated.
4. Preheat deep fryer to 365 degrees. Working in small batches, cook 6-8 pieces of fish at a time. Let fry until golden brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove fish from oil and drain on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels.
6. Continue frying fish in small batches until it is all cooked.
7. Now, assemble tacos! Heat the corn tortillas up so they're a little bendy, then load up with fried fish, creme and cole slaw, if desired.