nut/seed butter puffed rice bars
Recipe courtesy of Megan Lierman
6 c. puffed rice cereal
1 c. sugar
1 c. corn syrup
1 c. nut or seed butter
2 c. non-dairy chocolate chips*
*For a twist, use 1 c. chocolate chips and 1 c. butterscotch chips
1. Grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, measure out puffed rice cereal.
3. In a saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar; bring to a rolling boil and boil for about 1-2 minutes.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in nut or seed butter, stirring constantly until the butter is melted completely.
5. Pour over puffed rice cereal and quickly mix to combine thoroughly (you need to mix quickly as it the mixture will immediately begin to set).
6. Put rice mixture into greased pan, pressing down for a consistent thickness.
7. In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips over medium low heat until melted.
8. Pour chocolate over rice bars and spread evenly.
9. Let bars cool until set (I'm impatient, so I usually stick the pan in the refrigerator to speed the process along). Remove bars from pan, slice and eat!